Dusk is falling rapidly, marking the end of yet another brutal day of hustling for you as a leader in a small and medium company; You start scratching your hair or the scattered remains of it while hoping to put your business affairs into order. You have many (Questions) yet few (Answers), and as a result, you ask one more question that you don’t have an answer to: Should I hire a business consultant?
To answer this question, it is vital to understand what value a consultant can provide to the client; Killing Strategy: The Disruption Of Management Consulting report proposed that a consultant provide the client with I.E.I.E.:
Therefore, to answer your business questions, you must have the following: Information, Expertise, Insight, & Execution. Now, let’s dive together in the “Answer my Q matrix” to help you answer “THE Q”: Should I hire a business consultant?
“Answer My Q” Matrix depicts 4 Quadrants:
- Execute: You know the question, and you have all the necessary tools to answer it. All you need is pure execution. So, would you consider hiring at this stage? I would if: I don’t have the adequate time to execute, and I will not be able to meet a crucial deadline or if I have the time but my opportunity cost is high. Opportunity cost is what you can’t do as a result of pursuing an alternative. Hence, I would hire a consultant;Although I can do it, the cost of doing it outweighs the gains.
- Investigate: You have many valuable observations and data, but you are unable to form actionable insights. Therefore, you seek a consultant to ask the right question to connect between the dots.
- Solve: You know what you are seeking to answer, but you lack either the expertise or the adequate data required to answer that question.
- Explore: This is where the consultant helps you in exploring possibilities. By utilizing his/her specific knowledge, asking the right questions, and leveraging available data, he/she can explore new viable possibilities. Bonus: Some businesses can benefit from exploring as a way to add a healthy dose of objectivity.
Feeling overwhelmed by hard business Questions that you demand answers to?
Feeling stuck in one of these Quadrants and would like to break-free?
Are you determined to knock one more challenge out of your way?
If you answered Yes to one of these questions, then Workhint will help you.
Q: What is Workhint?
A Marketplace that connects SMEs with independent Business consultants.
Q: How does it work?
- You post your Project.
- We match you with the right consultants considering both your business’s industry and the expertise required to solve your challenge.
Q: Can I interact with consultants before hiring them?
Most certainly. You can chat with the consultants, and call them within one platform.
Let us help you solve your challenge; Post Your Project NOW!